Want your kids to practice relaxation techniques? Engage some puppet friends for a Relaxation Class! Find two fun puppets to instruct. After you have been practicing relaxation techniques for a while, or just after you have learned a new technique and would like further practice, tell your child that it is his/her turn to be the teacher.
Puppet Relaxation Class
- Pick two puppets, one for each hand.
- Introduce the scene: One puppet is feeling very stressed out and worried about something.
- The second puppet has just the ticket for relaxation, knows just the tool to help the first puppet.
- The second puppet invites the first puppet to relax with him.
- Step by step instruction in the activity is given (You might want to select a basic relaxation technique to begin with. Choose something with only a couple of steps (such as a breath counting).
- The first puppet ends by feeling very very calm and relaxed
- Don’t have a puppet? Line up your stuffed animals for Relaxation Class and instruct away!
- Have one puppet show the second puppet how to relax in specific scenarios (such as bedtime, before a test, before an athletic event).
- Have the puppets practice positive or relaxing thoughts
- Have the puppets have a problem-solving conversation about a stressful or worrisome situation