This activity guides children in re-connecting with a smile that is initiated from the heart space.
Show children how to connect with their heart space.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, slowly, and out through your mouth.
- Put your attention on your heart space. Feel the space around the center of your chest and connect with a feel of love in that space. Just pay attention to this space for a couple of minutes. This is your heart space. Many feelings flow through your heart space every day and sometimes in each moment. See if you can connect with a feeling of love in that space right now.
- Now that you have connected with your heart space. I want you to feel a smile there. Imagine that you have a smile in your heart space.
- Now send that smile up to your face. Allow your mouth to gently make a smile. Feel that it is carrying with it the energy of your heart space. It is a very loving smile.
- Open your eyes and notice how you feel right now.
Look around the room and notice the love smile that all of you have generated. See the smile that has come from the heart space and is now on your face. How does it feel?
Note: Now that children have been introduced to their heart space, it is possible to reconnect to the heart space at varying moments in order to monitor feelings and enhance the mind/body awareness connection for children. Sharing love from the heart space can be very calming and relaxing and can generate awareness of deep feelings of peace within themselves.