Relaxation Practice in the Car!
A perfect time to practice deep breathing during your day is to use
time in the car!
1. Prime the mind to relax by focusing on the positive:
Invite your child to name 5 things they are grateful for while looking out the window.
2. When you come to a stoplight, practice taking a Mr. Balloon Breath.
Allow the red light to signal
- stopping, or pausing. Place your hand on your tummy.
- Now, breathe
- in slowly to the count of four, feeling your stomach inflate as you are
- breathing in.
- Breathe out to the count of five.
- When the light changes,
- you can go back to the “finding what I like in the world” game.
- Use each stop light as a moment to pause and take a deep Mr. Balloon
Transform time in the car so it’s time to relax and feel wonderful.
- 20 Easy Modeling Clay Ideas for Kids
- 25 Tempting Cupcake Decorating Ideas for Kids
- 20 MEMORABLE Experience Gift Ideas for Kids
- 20 St Patricks Day Ideas for Kids. Let’s Get Some Luck!
- 25 Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids. It is All about Fun!