The act of shaking our bodies resets the nervous system. We can shake our bodies to release muscle tension and bring our entire system back to neutral.
1. Do a body check and notice where all of the tension is currently showing up in the body.
2. Pretend to glue your feet to the floor.
3. Imagine that you are covered in sparkly snowflakes! We are going to shake them off just like a wet dog shakes. As you shake, all the tension is going to leave your body.
4. Shake your legs first. Shake, shake, shake. Follow with the arms, hands, and then whole body. Keep your feet firmly in place while you shake and bounce out your tension. Think about a dog shaking off water, as you shake, imagine little droplets of stress, little snowflakes flying away from you as you shake back and forth.
5. Repeat several times. Then lie down and focus on melting into the floor. Pay attention to your body and see if there is any tingling left over from all the shaking. Sometimes your body could feel as if it was buzzing with energy. Relax and let all of your cares melt away.
- 20 Easy Modeling Clay Ideas for Kids
- 25 Tempting Cupcake Decorating Ideas for Kids
- 20 MEMORABLE Experience Gift Ideas for Kids
- 20 St Patricks Day Ideas for Kids. Let’s Get Some Luck!
- 25 Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids. It is All about Fun!