Create a positive thought bracelet with your child. You can string beads, dry hollow noodles, buttons, paperclips, paper rings…whatever you’ve got hanging around your house. Make it fun and engaging, choose beads or items to string together that are meaningful and interesting for your child.
The idea is to use this bracelet to help your child sit quietly, focus his mind, and rehearse a positive thought about himself or his experience.
Here are some examples of positive thoughts you can use:
- I always do the best I can
- I believe in me–yes I do!
- I am loved
- I am loving
- I am strong
- I’m safe. I’m okay.
- I feel healthy and strong.
Now sit down, maybe find a favorite calm down cushion and sit with your child in a quiet space. Take a few deep breaths together. Begin to focus on your attention on your bracelet. Hold the bracelet in your hands, fingers on each side of one bead, (one single link in the bracelet). Now, breathe in, quietly saying your positive thought to yourself, breathe out and move to the next bead. Continue on until you reach the bead you started with, then either be finished for now or change your positive thought to the next one on your list and repeat the process.
- 20 Easy Modeling Clay Ideas for Kids
- 25 Tempting Cupcake Decorating Ideas for Kids
- 20 MEMORABLE Experience Gift Ideas for Kids
- 20 St Patricks Day Ideas for Kids. Let’s Get Some Luck!
- 25 Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids. It is All about Fun!