Want a fun way to practice yoga with your child? Try reading this book together! Babar’s Yoga for Elephants by Laurent de Brunhoff is a fun way to practice yoga stretches. What the students and I liked the most was the easy to follow, step by step directions for basic poses such as the warrior pose and the plough. The book has playful illustrations of elephants doing all sorts of poses and differentiates which poses are good for which parts of the body. My favorite part of the book was towards the end where the elephants travel throughout the world and look for “yoga inspiration” in many of the world’s famous landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Times Square, Golden Gate Bridge, and Piazza San Marco in Venice. What a fun educational twist!
I encourage you to check out this book. Create a few gentle mindful moments with your child while you are reading and/or practicing the poses included inside. To purchase a copy, visit
- 20 Easy Modeling Clay Ideas for Kids
- 20 MEMORABLE Experience Gift Ideas for Kids
- 20 St Patricks Day Ideas for Kids. Let’s Get Some Luck!
- 25 Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids. It is All about Fun!
- 21 Simple Kids Study Room Ideas for Your Home