Here’s another fun book produced by Singing Dragon: Ladybird’s Remarkable Relaxation by Michael Chissick and Sarah Peacock. I love how they champion relaxation practice! This is a wonderful resource for parents, therapists and educators.
“Based on anecdotal evidence alone it is clear that relaxation can help to:
- Calm busy minds and young nervous systems; which in turn helps children to deal with anxiety and tension, and ultimately reduce stress
- Relax muscles, joints and the whole body, as well as revitalising tired children (and teachers and parents too!).”
Within the book they include a well-developed “how-to” section that explains how the relaxation activities can be used within school, children’s yoga teachers, and parents as well as lesson plans and ideas for specific ways to instruct.
Within the story, various consideration is given to the topics of self-respect, respect for others, perseverance, coping skills, confidence and self-awareness, helping children problem-solve within these areas. And, I would add emotional regulation to the list!
Careful thought and consideration is given to setting up the environment and to engaging children in the relaxation practice. Structure, bells, setting clear expectations, voice, breathing and also a section on helping children with special needs!
The children I work with found the illustrations fun and engaging with right colors and lovable characters.
A well-developed relaxation script was included as well as lesson plans and ideas for instruction.
The characters talk about what they discovered during relaxation practice and how it helped solutions to “problems” pop into their minds. There’s a part of the story that discusses how to respond to bullying. They also discuss how emotions are naturally addressed through relaxation practice.
I believe it is a wonderful addition to your relaxation library. Check it out! Let me know what you think. And…..HAVE FUN RELAXING!!!!
- 20 Easy Modeling Clay Ideas for Kids
- 20 MEMORABLE Experience Gift Ideas for Kids
- 20 St Patricks Day Ideas for Kids. Let’s Get Some Luck!
- 25 Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids. It is All about Fun!
- 21 Simple Kids Study Room Ideas for Your Home